How to Use Acrylic Spray Paint for Mariner Outboard Engines:
- Preparation: Before painting, ensure that the surface is clean, dry, and free from any dirt, grease, or rust. Sanding the surface with fine-grit sandpaper can help improve adhesion. Cover areas that you do not wish to paint with masking tape or newspaper.
- Shake the can: Shake the can of acrylic spray paint for at least 2-3 minutes to ensure that the paint is mixed properly.
- Test spray: Test spray on a small, inconspicuous area to check for compatibility and ensure the color matches the original engine color.
- Paint application: Hold the can about 6-8 inches away from the surface and apply paint in smooth, even strokes. Start spraying off the surface and then move the can towards the surface, spraying in a back-and-forth motion. Apply multiple light coats, waiting for at least 10-15 minutes between each coat to allow the paint to dry.
- Drying time: Allow the paint to dry completely for at least 24 hours before using the engine.
- Clean up: Clean the spray nozzle with a cloth after each use to prevent clogging. Store the can in a cool, dry place away from heat or flames.
Following these steps can help you achieve a professional-looking finish while protecting your Mariner Outboard Engine from the elements. Always follow the instructions on the can label for specific recommendations and safety precautions.
Height: 7 cm
Weight: 0,40 kg
Width: 20 cm
Cubage: 980 cm³
Length: 7 cm